7/15 & 7/16

7/15 and 7/16- let me tell you about this whirlwind couple days.

So when we last left off I was like uh oh I'm missing a ton of this thing. I went through and marked off all the pieces I was missing. Well, the majority of the kit was like this first photo: I had MOST of the sheet but was missing like, one piece.

Well guess what! You can't just say "I need one piece." You have to order the whole sheet at $20 a pop.

Anyway I swallowed my pride and messaged the woman who gave me this and said heyyyy I think I'm missing some, don't stress but if you have it that would be rad! And she looked for me and guess what! She found some stairs and shingles and stuff!

I went to get it and sorted through and my heart sank a bit as I realized there were huge sections still missing. Fritz was all "don't even sweat it, I'll help buy the missing stuff". I did the math and was upset to find out that it would maybe be more
cost efficient to just buy a new kit. I was feeling pretty low.

But then: a miracle!!! I was messaged by the original owner again and she said she found a box of even more pieces!!! I almost burst into tears! So we drove over to get the rest.

Y'all: it's all there.

Ok I'm not sure if it's all there because as I was going through it the mosquitos were feasting upon my choco-taco blood. But it SEEMS like it is and if it isn't it's not gonna be bonkers to replace. I am so excited and relieved... even if it means even more wallpaper stripping.

I've learned from browsing that the Greenleaf wood is a bit delicate and not great in terms of dollhouse standards that I'm completely new to. No matter: the tribulations of others' is my learning curve. There will be a lot of repairing and tinkering but I'm ready.

A cool thing: the original wallpaper sheets are in the box of pieces. I'm thinking of getting little frames and hanging them in the house!

Tomorrow's goal is to finish making sure I have everything, ordering anything that's missing if applicable, and continuing the stripping of paper and priming the pieces. I need to get supplies and I'm definitely repainting the stairs.

I've decided on led lighting. Wiring is just too much to consider at this point. It's time to just... have fun.

(Still haven't set up a work space in the garage though!)






Comments

Popular Posts